Monday, October 3, 2016

Platinum Series Wireless Bluetooth Stero Headset with Built in Microphone by Travelocity

 Now before anything else you might be wondering why I am using this obviously horribly taken photo. Well the simple fact is that I can't find this product listed literally anywhere online or even on the website of the store that I bought it from. It's practically like these things don't exist under this brand name. Anyway let's get right into it.








This is a Platinum Series Bluetooth Headset, by Mizco, who apparently owns Travelocity according to their website:

So they're the ones responsible for this embarrassment called an electronic device. These thing suppossedly boast "premium sound" a thirty foot range, up to twelve hours talk time, and up to 300 hours of standby time, easy access controls and compatibility with "all device types".

Well let's start with "premium sound". That means nothing, literally everyone says that their headphones, or earbuds, or headsets provide quality sound, premium sound, the best sound ever. And the sound I got from these things was entirely mediocre. It actually sounded worse than most of the others I've used because the "noise reduction technology" in this device is terrible at best, and a lie at worst.

"Thirty foot range". Yeah...no.. Outdoors maybe, but indoors and through walls you don't even really get a third of that. Maybe a quarter but definitely not a third...I measured.

"Twelve hours talk time and 300 hours standby". Well I can't say yes or no to this, because even with the included charger, I couldn't get this thing to fully charge. The battery in this device simply refused to allow itself to fully charge. When I connected this thing to my IPhone after the red light went away it only showed about 60% charge. If I can't even charge it fully to test out the battery life then I'm calling bullshit and assuming it's not there.

"Easy access controls" was their most truthful statement. The device features two sets of buttons. One side for skipping and playing back music, and another side for making and accepting calls, and raising the volume. I've never gotten that much simplicity on a pair of Bluetooth earbuds and let me say that it isn't bad on an idea. Too bad it came on such a horrible product.

"Compatibility with all device types". Well I don't literally have "all device types" but I can tell you second time I tried to connect it to my computer it had a "driver error" and then the device stopped working all together.

Now my biggest problem with this device. Within a day of usage the device itself now refuses to turn off, that's right. It refused to literally shut off. No matter what I do, no matter what state the switch is in. on or off, the device won't turn off and won't connect to any of my devices

The good news is that it comes with a "1 Year Limited Warranty", but screw that. This thing malfunctioned within a single day, I'm not going to give the time of day to any product that lasts less than twenty four hours from the time that I began using it. Nope, no way, screw that.

I give this product a 0/10. It didn't last a day, didn't live up to it's promises, and wasted my time. Yeah no link for this one, if you honestly wish to torture yourself with this, you can find it at Big Lots.

2 comments:

  1. It really helps for me but actually, this time I am looking for Plantronics Corded Headsets thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THank you! I bought the same ones BEFORE I read this review and thought I maybe just bought a bad one or something but yea, I agree with EVERYTHING you said in this article. A waste of money! DON'T buy!

    ReplyDelete